November is here! It sure feels like Fall. We spent Sunday afternoon raking leaves in our backyard as a little Cessna airplane circled over the neighborhood. The golden sun beams a warm companion until they were shooed away abruptly by the darkness that comes earlier every day now. I bought gloves today. It's still too warm for my woolen mittens, but the mornings really are too chilly to cycle bare handed...
My new colleague Anne made a Walnut Hummus to serve with lunch and it was so delicious! It was very sweet of her to share the recipe with me...
Anne's Walnut Hummus
200 g chickpeas from a can
Small handful walnuts
5 to 6 tablespoons walnut oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Sprinkling of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Juice of half a lemon
Tip the chickpeas into the bowl of a food processor. Add the walnuts, turmeric, cayenne pepper, sea salt and lemon juice. Close the lid and turn on the food processor. Slowly pour in the walnut oil until the mixture is nice and smooth.
Scoop the hummus into a pretty bowl or a Weck jar. Drizzle with some extra walnut oil, lemon juice and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper.
Serve with a crusty bread or some rye bread.
So here is a Fall favorites list!
- I am going to make this Butternut Squash and Saffron Risotto later this week.
- Just finished reading Serena by Ron Rash and I honestly haven't read anything this good in a long long time. Come February, the movie starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, will hit theaters in Europe.
- This poem by Leonard Cohen in The New Yorker.
- This time of year I like to listen to Mary Chapin Carpenter...
- My dear brother brought me several jars of Pumpkin Pie Spice all the way from the USA! I always add some of it to my home made granola.
- I so wish I had stumbled upon this Jack-O-Lantern tutorial before Halloween...
- Groningen's Let's Gro festival will take place later this month!! I'm seriously thinking about signing up for the apple pie baking contest...